Join our team!
NOW HIRING: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Come join the River Music Experience team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The River Music Experience is seeking a thorough, detail-oriented communicator to join our team as Communications Coordinator.
As Communications Coordinator, you will plan and execute the mission-oriented communications and marketing efforts of the River Music Experience. Collaborating closely with program leaders and other team members, you will increase community engagement with RME activities through communications and messaging strategies.
Your success in this role will strengthen the impact RME has on our region and will continue the organization’s strong momentum as a leader in the Quad Cities arts and culture landscape.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
RME operates under a flexible unlimited PTO system for all salaried staff. Success in your role will be measured through individual goals and progress within the organization’s strategic plan.
We cultivate a casual work environment and place a high priority on work/life balance while staying efficient, effective, and focused on meeting organizational goals.
The pay range for this role is $32,000-$36,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health insurance, vision, and dental, partially paid by the organization.
RME staff work in the River Music Experience building in downtown Davenport. This is not a remote position.
The River Music Experience is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage applications from candidates with backgrounds and lived experiences that can add to a more complete understanding of our community, especially those from marginalized communities.
HOW TO APPLY:
We recognize that studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs if they do not meet 100% of the listed qualifications. If you feel that you would be successful in this role, please do not hesitate to apply.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Questions about the role or the organization may be directed to the same email. No phone calls, please.
Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews scheduled accordingly. The position remains open as long as this posting is active at www.rivermusicexperience.org/employment.
Expected start date is mid July, but is flexible for the right candidate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A commitment to the mission of RME
- A dedication to equitable, intentionally inclusive processes and programs, for all people, at all levels of participation
- Experience in and knowledge of communications and marketing techniques, especially mission-oriented messaging and social media strategies
- A college degree or significant experience in the field of communications or marketing is preferred
- Communicator: Excellent communication skills, including the ability to adapt communication styles in ways appropriate to the setting or person. Very strong written communication skills.
- Strategic Thinker: An understanding of how to create and execute the step-by-step strategies that lead to efficiency and success. An ability to keep the big picture in mind during day-to-day work.
- Growth Mindset: A belief that there are always opportunities for personal and organizational growth. Always seeking opportunities to improve.
- Plans and executes communications and marketing activities
- Writes content and manages social media platforms, email campaigns, and website
- Coordinates graphic design and production of digital and printed materials
- Works closely with program and department leaders, creating strategies to increase community awareness and engagement
- Seeks out new marketing and publicity opportunities
- Tracks and evaluates communications and marketing efforts
- Continually develops and improves brand identity and messaging
About the RME:
The River Music Experience activates the power of music to bring people together and build community. We work to build a diverse, thriving local music scene and ensure everyone has access to fulfilling musical experiences.
The RME is in a phase of growth and momentum, expanding its scope and priorities to include the broader community. We are eager to recruit team members who are ready to serve the Quad Cities community through our musical mission.