Join our team!
Open Position: Part-Time Custodian
Come join the River Music Experience team!
The River Music Experience is looking for a reliable custodian to join our team. Responsibilities include cleaning and maintaining our areas of the building. This is a part time position with a flexible work schedule (10-15 hours weekly) including weekends. This position starts at $12 an hour.
- Keeping building and property in clean and orderly condition
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors
- Gathering and emptying trash
- Cleaning and supplying bathroom facilities
- Other facility maintenance as needed
- The ability to stand, walk, and bend for extended periods of time.
- The ability to regularly lift 20 pounds at a time, occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Custodial experience is preferred, but not required. We are willing to train the right candidate with the right attitude.
The River Music Experience is an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage applications from candidates with lived experiences that can add to a more complete understanding of our community, especially those from marginalized communities.
We recognize that studies have shown that people of color and women are less likely to apply to jobs if they do not meet 100% of the listed requirements. If you feel that you would be successful in this role, please do not hesitate to apply!
To apply, send a resume to email@example.com. Questions about the role or the organization may be directed to the same email. No phone calls, please.
About the RME:
The River Music Experience activates the power of music to bring people together and build community. We work to build a diverse, thriving local music scene and ensure everyone has access to fulfilling musical experiences.
The RME is in a phase of growth and momentum, expanding its scope and priorities to include the broader community. We are eager to recruit team members who are ready to serve the Quad Cities community through our musical mission.